Saturday, August 24, 2013

Class Exercises

Sorry in advance this week's blog is not going to be the most interesting or most insightful one that you have ever read. I had an extremely hard time with the exercises that we did with this course. I think the only one I had even the slightest success with was Loving Kindness and even that is hit or miss. I can do it one day with great focus and the next day get absolutely nothing from it. I think that I like many others are so use to a fast paced lifestyle I can't seem to take the time to relax and focus. I have learned a lot about mental exercise from this course; I may not have learned to be successful with the exercise given to me but I have learned to focus on my breathing and to acknowledge my thoughts during my regular exercise routines. I think I am finally on the right path for the mind /body connection I desire. I hope you guys have had a better success with the exercises. Maybe one day I will be able to obtain the focus I need.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Hilary,

    I got a hard time to do all these exercises first time but after a while I enjoyed doing loving kindness exercise and other meditations. it helps me a lot to clear my negative thoughts about work and personal life. I am glad I started doing more meditation than before so it is helping me to focus in my career. I am glad you are on the right path for the mind and body connection.

    good luck in future:)

    stuti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hillary,

    First, focusing on your breathing exercise is a great accomplishment, this is because your know how to take deep breath, you can control your anger, when you take deep breath you will find that you are very light and see things differently. Just know that Rome was not built in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do better with something that includes a physical component as well. Massage is the most meditative thing I've ever done! I'm glad you have something that is working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hilary

    i also have had problems with the meditation exercises which i have told you before, however although i have had issues with the meditations I do understand the concepts of some of the practices i found that the mindfulness practice and the Loving kindness practice are both good insights on how to live to be mindful of how actions affect future events is helpful when making important, and not so important decisions because even the little things can have a big effect on the future. also the loving kindness practice is just good for everyone it helps you to feel good and also projects those feelings to others good luck with your journey Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Hilary,
    I too have a very fast pace life and it is really hard to successfully use one of these practices in our life. I really hope you can find your inner ability to focus and own it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hilary,
    As I read your blog I couldn't help but to think back to when I first started trying out meditation. I had a hard time as well but what helped me most was setting aside a specific time to meditate everyday and even when I didn't have a specific thought, I just visualized sunshine and bunnies. I know it sounds cheesy but I promise you it helped me so much. I was able to clear my mind of all the thoughts I had in my head and focus enough to visualize bunny rabbits hopping all over the place. It was at that point that I knew I was on the right track. Before you know it, you'll be able to focus your thoughts and meditate as well. Good luck!

    Sherese
    heres2ahealthyu

    ReplyDelete